Did you ever want to send a secret message to someone?
Here is a fun way to do it. You can hide a secret text message in audio file.
What do you need?
- Coagula (https://www.abc.se/~re/Coagula/Coagula.html)
- Audacity (https://www.audacityteam.org/download/) or Spek (http://spek.cc/)
Coagula is an image synth and Audacity and Spek are Spectrum Analyzers.
All are freeware!
- Open mspaint.exe and set the pictures size to something like: 500 x 300 Pixels;
- Your background need to be all black;
- Draw something or type some text at the TOP of picture;
- Save your picture as a BMP file.
- Import your BMP file into Coagula;
- Click on a "Render image without blue/noise" button - that will render your image to .WAV file;
- Save your WAV file.
When audio is played, it will not make any sense.
It will sound similar to Dial Up modem...
- Import your audio file into Audacity or Spek;
--Into Audacity, click on a little arrow next to the files name and choose Spectogram.
(i rather Audacity...)
Now you should see your hide message:
=== EXTRA @ Capture the Flag ===
Listen to the sound below and follow the instructions.
The final result is a phrase with 47 characters.
If you did it, type the phrase in the comment...